The mifi hotspots will not be available until further notice.
Did you know that if you are over the age of 18 and have a library card you can borrow a portable MiFi hotspot?? With these portable devices you can connect a wifi-enabled device, such as a laptop, smartphone or tablet to the Internet. The hotspot is portable, so you can connect your device almost anywhere, like at home, on vacation, or in the car. USA data only, no international data.
Mifi Hotspot Borrowing Policy
- Borrower must be 18+ years of age
- Check out period is a maximum of 14 days per month.
- Unlimited data usage
- Overdue fines $5/ day
- Replacement cost $125/device, $30/charger plug and/or cord, $15/case
- No renewals.
- No holds allowed
- You may speak with a librarian at the Circulation Desk to place your name on a wait list. Norfolk patrons will be given preference.
- Due to high demand, patrons who fail to return a device on-time will be prohibited from checking out a device for a 30-day period. Patrons who fail to notify the library of a cancelled reservation on two occasions will have device reservation privileges revoked for one year. These patrons and members of their household will, however, only be permitted to borrow a device based on walk-in availability.
Devices must be returned to a librarian at the Circulation Desk. Devices may NOT be returned in the bookdrop. There is a $10.00 fine for devices returned in the bookdrop.