Sarina Bluhm, Library Director
Sharon Ward, Early Childhood Coordinator
Welcome to the Early Childhood Resource Center. Funded by the Massachusetts Dept. of Early Education and Care and housed at the Norfolk Public Library, a variety of materials, services, and programs are available to teachers, administrators, students, child care providers, parents, and anyone who works with young children. Professional resource books, parenting books, videos & dvds, teaching curriculum kits, themed picture books, big books, and many other items are available for borrowing at no charge.
EEC will lead the way in helping Massachusetts children and families reach their full potential. By providing and coordinating a range of services and assistance, EEC will continuously improve the quality, affordability, and accessibility of early education and care in the Commonwealth.
- Put children and families first;
- Be flexible and accountable;
- Balance access, affordability, quality and coordination/continuity of care;
- Prioritize the needs of low-income families;
- Build on strengths of current system; minimize weakness; maximize resources;
- Seek input from staff and stakeholders; and
- Keep interested parties informed of progress.
Four ways to borrow materials:
- You are always welcome to come in to browse the Early Childhood Resource Center and select the items you want — all you need is a SAILS library card. If you don’t have one, we’ll issue one to you. There is no charge to any Massachusetts resident.
- If you live or work in a city or town in the SAILS area, place a hold on the item(s) you want and they’ll be delivered to your local public library.
- If you have an Old Colony, Minuteman, CW-MARS, or other library card issued through a Massachusetts library network, find the items you want to borrow from our listing below (or use the on-line catalog I-Bistro), then request them through the Virtual Catalog. They will be delivered to your home library.
- Call the ECRC Department at 508-528-3380 ext. 8 or send an email to Sharon Ward with your request. You can request specific titles, authors, or themes. We’ll send them out through the library delivery system to your home library.
Bring a lunch and a blanket to enjoy some music, stories, and activities. Held on Fridays 11:30 – 12:15, please check the calendar for exact dates. Ages 0-5 with an adult, no registration required.
New this summer! Getting to Know You Storyhour
This playgroup centers on child, caregiver and parent relationships. We will read books and sing songs that focus on self-identity, self-expression and family dynamics. Children will have the opportunity to engage in child-centered free play as well as adult-led activities. This playgroup means to celebrate and encourage all forms of nurturing relationships. We will meet Thursdays on the following days: 7/20, 7/27, 8/3, 8/10, and 8/17. For ages 0 – 5 with an adult, no registration is required.
|The Department of Early Education and Care|
|Engaging with families in Out-of-School Time Learning|
|Ellison Die Cut Machine|
Where are there other Early Childhood Resource Centers?
There are currently 5 Resource Centers in Massachusetts:
Cambridge Public Library
|Norfolk Public Library
139 Main St.
Norfolk, MA 02056
Contact: Sharon Ward at ext. 8 or [email protected]
|Falmouth Public Library
300 Main St.
Falmouth, MA 02540
|Springfield City Library
220 State St. 01103
|Haverhill Public Library
99 Main Street
Haverhill, MA 01830-5092