7/29/22: This application period for this position has ended.
Part time, 10-15 HOURS PER WEEK
Grade 3, step 4 ($17.41)
Under the direction of the Circulation Supervisor, the Library Associate provides service and assistance to patrons at the circulation desk. The position requires the ability to understand and follow library policies and procedures and the skills to use PC’s with Windows operating system and the automated circulation system effectively. This is a customer service position; patience, friendliness, the ability to multitask and team-working skills are essential.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Charging and discharging library materials including holds and renewals
- Using the SIRSI Circulation System to issue library cards, accept and record payments for materials, submit requests for inter-library loans
- Assisting patrons in using the Commonwealth Catalog to request items outside of the SAILS system
- Assisting patrons in the use and location of library materials within the building,
- Assisting patrons in the use of the automated catalog
- Providing reference services and recommending appropriate material to library users as needed
- Understanding, explaining and enforcing library policy and procedures
- Using reservation software for museum passes, Stuffbrary items and program registrations
- Generating and reconciling daily holds reports
- Facilitating and assisting with the use of technology in the library as well as items patrons may bring in
- Reconciling the cash drawer at the end of each shift
- Other duties as assigned.
It is preferred a candidate for this position will have previous library experience and an Associate’s degree or higher. Experience working with the public is highly desirable.
The position is a 10-15 hour per week part time library position, and will require some evening and weekend work. The regular schedule will be Mondays 1:00-7:30pm and Thursdays 4:00-7:30pm. Weekend shifts are assigned in a monthly rotation and will be in addition to the employee’s regular shift.
To apply, candidates must forward a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. AA/EOE